Master Setting Disc - Style 2 - Metric - Chrome - X - 89.15-101.85
Master setting discs are used to calibrate and set comparators, adjustable snap gages, automated electronic, pneumatic, microprocessor based gages and other precision measuring instruments that are used to check parts. Master disc are specified sometimes as setting discs. Master Setting Discs are designed to satisfy quality control traceability requirements. Cylindrical master setting discs gages come in different designs based on size.
Master setting discs are available in 3 styles. Style 1 and 3 - Tolerances are applied bilaterally; Style 2 - tolerances are applied unilaterally to the sections; minus on the "GO" section and plus on the "NOGO. Discs below 1.510 are manufactured with nibs on both ends that are used in manufacturing and later used to glue on an insulating grip. The roundness and taper of master setting discs does not exceed 50% of the gagemakers size tolerance and is non cumulative. All master setting discs are supplied with insulator grips to prevent heat distortion. All master setting discs are manufactured per ANSI/ASME B47.1. Master setting discs are ring lapped to size and hand polished providing for superior accuracy and ensuring maximum gage wearability.
Master setting discs are available in Class XX, X and Z. Master setting discs are supplied in steel, chrome or carbide. Master setting discs are available up to 23" in style #3. Master setting discs above 8.010 are trilock design Sizes above 1.510" to and including 8.510" (AGD standards call for style #3 in place of style #2). Style #3 master setting discs are separated by an (AGD) separator plate and linked together with a tie rod and insulators. XXX and Carbide Master Setting Discs are priced on request. All master setting discs are traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)
- Master setting discs are used to calibrate and set comparators, snap gages, and other precision measuring instruments.
- 3 styles- Steel or chrome
- Class XX, X , Y and Z
- Manufactured per ANSI/ASME B47.1
- Inch master setting discs are furnished with black insulators
- Metric master setting discs are furnished with yellow insulators
- Roundness and taper does not exceed 50% of the gagemakers size tolerance and is non cumulative
- Insulator grips prevent heat distortion
- Precision hand lapped and polished to ensure superior accuracy
- Manufactured to the highest end of the ANSI specifications to ensure maximum wearability
- Free NIST certificate of accuracy