Flexible Hole Location Gages - Metric - M12-1.5 - Metric
Flexible Hole Location Plugs are used for inspection of the location of a threaded hole in a part. Flexible hole location plug gages also referred to as centerline hole location plugs are used to determine the true centerline to centerline distances of threaded holes. The flexible hole location plug gage is slotted at 90° increments to insure positive location on the thread flanks regardless of hole size. This feature provides a firm locating grip without pulling the shoulder of the plug up against the hole face and avoids any squareness error being transferred to the centerline measurement.
The center is concentric to the threaded section within .0002" TIR for probe location of coordinate measuring machines and also for plate inspection setups as "overpin" measurements. The flexible hole location plug gage can also be used with vee blocks to check concentricity to other diameters. Flexible hole location gages are available in unified and metric sizes. Sizes #10 and smaller or M5 and smaller are of solid construction, with front taper to cover the entire product tolerance.
WESTport Gage manufactures special plug and ring gages including oversize pre-plates, miniature thread gages, multiple starts, special leads, acme threads, buttress threads, square threads, extra length thread gages, and blue print specials. WESTport Gage provides a Certificate of Accuracy, traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), free of charge with every flexible hole location plug gage
- Inspects the location of a threaded hole in a part
- Determines the true centerline to centerline distances of threaded holes
- Slotted at 90° increments to insure positive location on the thread flanks regardless of hole size
- Center is concentric to the threaded section within .0002" TIR for probe location of CMM's
- Flexible hole location gages are available in unified and metric sizes
- Precision hand lapped and polished to ensure superior accuracy
- Manufactured to the highest end of the ANSI specifications to ensure maximum wearability
- Final inspection of gages is completed in an environmentally controlled ISO 17025 laboratory
- Available in steel and chrome
- Free NIST certificate of accuracy