Dial Calipers - 12 - Inch - .001 Inch - Jaw Depth: 3 1/2 Inch
A caliper is a device used to measure the distance between two symmetrically opposing sides. Calipers typically use a precise slide movement for inside, outside, depth or step measurements. WESTport is an authorized distributor of Dial, Electronic (Digital), Vernier and Specialty Calipers. Some caliper types are used for comparing or transferring dimensions.
Fine design and sturdy construction ensure a long life of reliable and accurate service in these heavy-duty calipers.
- Oversized dial with microfine graduations for easy reading.
- Inside, outside and depth measurement; "knife edge" top jaws for measuring threads, slots, recesses and similar work. Inside measurements are obtained by use of the nibs on the bottom jaws.
- Beam is satin chrome finished.
- Extra long jaws.
- Hardened stainless steel throughout; measuring faces are ground and microlapped for exceptional accuracy.
- Knurled lock assures precise settings.
- Adjustable dial reads to .001" in inch series or .05mm in metric series.
- Raised sliding surface prevents wear and defacement of graduations.
- Available in inch or metric models.
- Beam features large, clear graduations.
- Accuracy: .001" per 6 inches (inch series) or .05mm per 150mm (metric series).
- All sizes feature thumbroll adjustment.
- Includes deluxe fitted case.